Monday 21 October 2013

Feeling Inspired

Hello Again Everyone!

I hope you have all been well and busy crafting! 

This post is a little different for me, but something I wanted to write about. As most of you know, I am a huge fan of Instagram. I'm always looking for inspiring people to follow and last week came across the lovely Louise @louisealexandra78 who is doing something extra special for charity...

Lou will be running the London Marathon on behalf of the Anthony Nolan Trust team on 13th April 2014, which will be a year after her father received his stem cell transplant. Lou's dad was was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia at the end of last year and his family have been raising money for the charity ever since. The trust managed to help Louise's father, when he was told he could only have weeks or a few months to live and he is now in remission.

Louise's family have raised money in many various ways, from participating in the Race for Life to her daughter running a handmade bracelet stall, and now Louise feels it's her turn to do something really spectacular.

This marathon will be a challenge for Lou, as she says she 'can't run!' But I'm behind her all the way. She is a real inspiration and the charity means so much to her for helping save her father's life. 

If you want to help Louise, please look for her on Instagram or find her fundraising page here 



She is currently selling raffle tickets to raise money at a pound each. And let me tell you, the prizes are really something special! Some gorgeous ladies of Instagram have donated some of their handmade items to Louise for her to giveaway in the raffle. I've just bought my tickets, so how about you buy yours? Good luck if you do! And good luck to Louise, you will be amazing and I know your dad will be incredibly proud of you.

Lots of love readers,

Kerry xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment